You can redeem the collected points in your account for an award flight anytime online. As travel manager you simply need to log in to your customer profile. Then just select the flight and travel date from the business points route network. If you have sufficiant points in your account - and subject to availability - you will be deducted automatically from your account. We will then send the electronic ticket to the e-mail address you have provided.
Since business trips are frequently arranged at very short notice, these award flights are often available at the last minute, which is a very special benefit of airberlin business points®.
airberlin business points® route network
1. The airberlin group (AB/HG) business points route network encompasses scheduled flights operated with an AB/HG flight number or by partner airlines.
Detailed route network »
2. The Etihad Airways (EY) business points route network encompasses scheduled flights operated by Etihad Airways and business points partner airlines under an EY flight number.
Detailed route network »
1. Points Calculator valid for award flights from 13.03.2017
To see points calculator for flights until 12.03.2017 please click here »
Points Calculator for upgrades valid for flights from 12.07.2016
To see the points calculator for flights until 11.07.2016, please click here »
All award flights and upgrades can be booked either one-way or as a round trip (outward and return flights). Award flights can only be booked exclusive of taxes and charges. You will find full details of the booking conditions below. Charges are calculated separately and can only be paid by credit card. The number of points required, as shown in the table, refer to one-way award flights or upgrades. In order to upgrade you must have a ticket which is already booked and fully paid for, or a ticket for a business points award flight booked in Economy Class.
business points partner airline
You can also redeem your company's points for award flights on the following routes operated by our partner airlines Etihad Airways and Alitalia. The award flight conditions stated below apply. Please note that bookings for award flights with Etihad or Alitalia can only be made by telephone through the service team: +49 30 3434 3432.
2. Points calculator for award flights under an EY flight number from 01/09/2015
All award flights can be booked as one-way (basic flight) or round-trip (outbound and return flight). The award flights are only bookable excluding taxes and fees. These are calculated separately and can only be paid with your credit card. All point values listed in the table refer to one-way award travel that includes a connector or feeder flight in Economy Class from Germany, Austria, Switzerland or another European country in the business points network.
A one-way flight from Düsseldorf to Hong Kong via Abu Dhabi requires 1,300 points (Long-haul 1: Düsseldorf - Abu Dhabi) and 1,000 points (Medium-haul 2: Abu Dhabi - Hong Kong) in Economy Class. For a round trip, you will require double the number of points. Otherwise, the award flight conditions listed below apply.
Upgrades to Business Class / First Class
Points calculator for award flights under an EY flight number from 01/09/2015
business points award flights
- airberlin: only bookable online and subject to availability of the booking class
- Etihad Airways: only bookable by telephone through the Service Centre
- An upgrade to Business Class through topbonus miles is not possible
- Taxes, fees and other surcharges must be borne by the customer and cannot be paid for using points
- Award flights with airberlin/NIKI can be rebooked once free of charge (flight time), provided the award flight quota on the flight you wish to take by rebooking is still available and the originally booked flight has not yet started (only by telephone: 0049 (0)30 3434 3432)
- Award flights with Etihad Airways cannot be rebooked
- A change of the passenger name is not possible
- Redeemed points are not refunded, when the flight is not used
- business points and topbonus miles will not be credited
Upgrade to Business Class / First Class
- Upgrades for airberlin/NIKI Flights: bookable only by telephone and at least 48 hours before departure through the business points Service Centre under +49 30 3434 3432 (Mon-Fri, excluding bank holidays, from 9:00am to 6:00pm CET)
- Upgrades for Etihad Airways Flights: Please fill in page 2 of the following PDF» and send it no later than 48 hours before your departure to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a response within 48 hours
- The number of points required is based on the tables provided above and applies per person and per one-way flight
- It is only possible to book an upgrade to the next higher cabin class
- An upgrade for Alitalia is not possible
- Upgrades are possible:
- on non-stop flights on long-haul routes operated by airberlin within the business points route network (USA, United Arab Emirates)
- on non-stop flights operated by Etihad Airways from or to Abu Dhabi (bookable from 1/9/2015)
• The traveller must be in possession of a fully paid ticket or an already confirmed business points award ticket issued on a 745 document (upgrades on AB) or a 607 document (EY upgrade) to the company's billing address
• Upgrades are not possible in combination with the following tickets/fares:
- airberlin: Economy Tickets in the tariff FlyDeal, Economy Light or Economy Saver
- Etihad Airways: Economy Deal or Business Saver
- Tickets booked by tour operators
- Award flights with topbonus, Etihad Guest or another frequent flyer programme
- Codeshare flights with an airberlin/Etihad flight number that is operated by a partner airline
- Reduced ID/AD tickets
- Tickets for accompanying children (children/infants)
NEW: Convert your business points into topbonus award miles
To give you even more possibilities to use your business points, you can convert your points into topbonus award miles. Just download the form, fill it out, sign it with your company stamp and send it with the subject line "Conversion of business points in award miles" back to email@example.com. Within 7 days the award miles will appear on your topbonus account and you can then make use of all topbonus privileges, for example, use your award miles for XL or a Preferred Seat.