You can redeem the collected points in your account for an award flight anytime online. As travel manager you simply need to log in to your customer profile. Then just select the flight and travel date from the business points route network. If you have sufficiant points in your account - and subject to availability - you will be deducted automatically from your account. We will then send the electronic ticket to the e-mail address you have provided.
Since business trips are frequently arranged at very short notice, these award flights are often available at the last minute, which is a very special benefit of airberlin business points®.
Points Calculator valid for flights from 25.06.2014
All award flights and upgrades can be booked either one-way or as a round trip (outward and return flights). Award flights can only be booked exclusive of taxes and charges. You will find full details of the booking conditions below. Charges are calculated separately and can only be paid by credit card. The number of points required, as shown in the table, refer to one-way award flights or upgrades. In order to upgrade you must have a ticket which is already booked and fully paid for, or a ticket for a business points award flight booked in Economy Class.
business points partner airline
You can also redeem business points for award flights to the following destinations operated by our partner Etihad Airways in codeshare (= with airberlin flight number). The award flight conditions listed below apply. Award flights can only be booked by telephone through the business points Service Team at 0049 (0)30 3434 3432.
Points Calculator valid for flights from 01.07.2012
All award flights can be booked as one-way (basic flight) or round-trip (outbound and return flight). The award flights are only bookable excluding taxes and fees. These are calculated separately and can only be paid with your credit card. All point values listed in the table refer to one-way award travel that includes a connector or feeder flight in Economy Class from Germany, Austria, Switzerland or another European country in the business points network.
A one-way flight from Dusseldorf or Helsinki to Abu Dhabi requires 1,300 points in Economy Class and 2,600 points in Business Class. For a round-trip flight, twice the number of points is required. In addition, the award flight conditions listed below apply.
business points award flights
can only be booked online and upon availability
cannot be upgraded to Business Class (e.g., with topbonus miles)
taxes, fees and fuel surcharges have to be paid in Euro or the local currency by the member
- business points redeemed will not be refunded if the flight was canceled
- no credits of topbonus miles and business points
- change of flight time for award flights with airberlin/NIKI at no charge only once (non-recurring) before departure of the original flight and upon availability (only by telephone 0049 (0)30 3434 3432)
- further change of flight time liable to charges according to current General terms and conditions of business (only by telephone 0049 (0)30 3434 3432)
- change of flight time for award flights with partner airlines is not possible
- change of passenger name is not possible
Business Class upgrade
- may only be booked by telephone via the business points Service Center (opening hours: Mon-Fri excl. bank holidays from 09:00 to 18:00 CET)
- are only valid on non-stop, long-haul flights operated by airberlin within the business points network (USA, United Arab Emirates) – also in combination with a feeder or connecting flight operated by airberlin within the business points network
- are subject to availability in the booking class; this may not correspond to the availability of seats in Business Class shown online for the flight in question
- the passenger must have a fully paid Economy ticket booked in the FlyClassic or FlyFlex fare categories, or a confirmed ticket for a business points award flight booked in Economy Class.
- a Business Class Upgrade is not permitted in combination with the following tickets/fare categories:
- Economy tickets booked in the JustFly or FlyDeal fare categories
- Economy tickets booked through tour operators
- Topdeal Tickets and award flights at reduced mileage values
- topbonus award flights
- codeshare flights with airberlin flight numbers which are operated by partner airlines
- the flight time can only be changed by phone, subject to a charge
- change of passenger name is not possible
- a Business Class Upgrade does not entitle the passenger to an increased points/mileage credit on the business points or topbonus Programs.
- points or mileage are credited according to the eligibility of the Economy ticket, as set out in the table showing the mileage earned in Economy Class in the fare category in question on the business points or topbonus Programs.